This bacon wrapped pork tenderloin is one of those incredible miracle recipes that just happens to only require 4 ingredients – pork, bacon, honey (or maple syrup) and olive oil. (I get salt and pepper for free!). It’s so simple to make – easy enough for midweek, but also fancy enough for company.
If you swap out the streaky bacon for turkey bacon, this only has 305 calories a serving – amazing!!
Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. It’s one of those miracle recipes that is SO GOOD and yet SO EASY, you almost don’t need a recipe for this. Seriously, here’s the “recipe”:
1. Sear pork
2. Wrap in bacon
3. Brush with honey (or maple syrup)
Shortest recipe ever. And this is what comes out of the oven:
And look, see? Here are step by step photos. You really DON’T need a recipe, right??
I’m totally kidding! Actually, I have a few wee little tips that might help you make this incredible Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin that is honestly so good, you can serve it up at a fancy dinner party and just sit back smugly as your guests exclaim about how delicious it is even though it took a mere 10 minutes of effort.
Like brushing the pork with the pan juices. Brush, brush, brush. Don’t waste a drop of that liquid gold!
So if you scroll down, you will find the recipe.
Besides the fact that this is only 4 ingredients, the other big thing this has going for it is that the bacon keeps the pork really juicy. Pork tenderloin is extremely lean – slightly leaner than chicken breast even. Did you know that? There’s a bit of food trivia for you!
So by wrapping it with bacon, the pork is protected which helps keep it extra moist when roasting. Plus the fat from the bacon bastes the pork as it roasts which also adds to the juiciness.
I’m making this for a dinner party this weekend. Shh, don’t tell my friends how easy this is!! – Nagi
PS I just realised this is pork-on-pork. Is that a faux-pa?? 😉
Save this Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin to your BEST EASY MEALS Pinterest Board!
- 8 to 10 slices of streaky bacon, long enough to wrap around the pork 1½ times.
- 1lb / 500g pork tenderloin, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup - I prefer honey because it is thicker which creates a better glaze)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F (fan forced) / 200C/390F (conventional oven)
- Lay the bacon next to each other on a cutting board, slightly overlapping (per photo below). The width of the bacon should be enough to wrap the length of the pork.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. Tuck the thin end under so the length of the pork is roughly the same thickness.
- Heat the oil in an oven proof skillet over high heat.
- Sear the pork on all sides until nicely browned.
- Place pork on the bacon. Use a knife to help keep the bacon together and roll the pork up, finishing with the seam side down.
- Use the knife to transfer back into the skillet. Drizzle over honey and brush all over.
- Roast for 25to 30 minutes (Note 1), basting once or twice with the pan juices, mopping up plenty of the honey pooled at the base of the pork.
- Remove from oven and baste again. Let it rest for 5 minutes. Baste once more just before serving.
- To serve, cut into thick slices.
2. HOW TO MAKE AHEAD: If you are making this for a dinner party and want to sear / prepare it ahead then just pop it in the oven when your guests arrive, this is the best way to do it:
- Heat skillet on high heat until stinking hot, almost smoking
- Add vegetable or canola oil - it will heat almost instantly, then add pork and sear it VERY briefly all over, literally 1 minute. Remove immediately. Doing the sear super fast (minimal searing crust) will minimise juices leaking from the pork while you set it aside for a while.
- Wrap with bacon. Refrigerate if not cooking for 1+ hours. Then remove from refrigerator 30 min prior to cooking and roast per directions.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin nutrition assuming 4 servings. The calories per servings can be reduced to 305 calories by using Lean Turkey Bacon instead of streaky bacon.
Serve the Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with these adorable Mini Cheesy Potato Gratins made in a muffin tin!